I am not so competitive: Parineeti Chopra - EDU

I am not so competitive: Parineeti Chopra


New Delhi: Parineeti Chopra, who has starred in films like ‘Ishaqzaade’ and ‘Ladies v/s Ricky Behl’, says she is ambitious but in no hurry to enter the rat race.

"I am ambitious to do good work and do it really well. However I am not so competitive and I don`t want to be either. I don`t wake up in the morning thinking that I have to bag roles in all good films that are being made," Parineeti said.

The 24-year-old actress, who is an MBA, said that she is not solely dependent on her film career and always has an option to fall back upon her educational qualification and get a job.

"I hadn`t grown up thinking that I have to be this big actress in Bollywood. Hence it isn`t a do or die situation for me either. If I get success then well, great. If not, God forbid, then I do have my degree and educational qualifications to fall back upon. I will do that kind of work which I want to do," she added.

Parineeti may have established her credentials as an actress with her first two films but she says she has a long way to go.

"The start has been fantastic and the appreciation that has come my way is heart warming. Still, I am not saying that I am the best actress in the world. There is a long way to go. I believe that I have something in me. If that wasn`t the case, I wouldn`t have been accepted in the industry.

"Also, I have to work with directors and co-actors who are good so that I can learn from them. It is just a start," she said.

When asked if she is ready to fit into a conventional romcom genre, Parineeti said, "I am up for that. I would love to get into a regular heroine mode and reach out to the masses. I love masala films and as an audience, I like my dose of commercial cinema.

"I am quite open to such films and would do what audience like to watch. What`s the fun in doing films that people are not watching? I would rather do something for which there is good demand," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment